Customized Course Development
When faced with a business challenge, it’s easy to send everyone to training or bring in an onsite instructor. If the core issue, however, is not solvable by instruction, then training will have little impact, if any. An Instructional Designer will identify the core issues leading to the results you are trying to obtain. Then a curriculum addressing the pain points can be identiﬁed (with your input).Why is Instruction required?
- Executive mandate—Someone decides training should occur
- Government mandate—A new regulation is released
- Performance issues
- Organizational change
- New tools
- Professional development opportunities
- Current pain/problems
- Business needs
- Training needs
- Individual needs
- Skill set
- Corporate culture
- Work area/environment
- Team Engagement and Collaboration
- Sense of team
- Business/Product owner
- Team/Product owner
- Customer Engagement and Collaboration
- Agile process
- Organizational Change Management
- Portfolio management
Customized Course DevelopmentThe pm U. Method
SoftKey pm U. specializes in customizing course content to meet the client’s specific training needs. Course customization provides the client the opportunity to include its own processes, methodology and culture into the course for maximum value to the student. Customized course development is performed in phases as follows:
- Discovery Phase: pm U. schedules sessions to interview the client’s stakeholders as needed. We will work with the client to schedule and conduct these sessions. This phase allows us to gather the information required to customize the course.
- Development Phase: pm U. develops the course based on the client’s requirements.
- Quality Control Phase: pm U. Quality Control reviews the courses.
- Customer Review Phase: pm U. conducts a walkthrough of the course with the client.
- Scheduling Phase: The client schedules the students.
- Delivery Phase: pm U. provides the training to the client as scheduled.
- Assessment Phase: pm U. and the client assess the results and determine whether additional education is needed.